High Flow is Goldens newest acrylic paint that can go from brush to marker or from dip pen to airbrush and more. From fine lines to broad strokes, High Flow Acrylic has an ink-like consistency that lends itself to a wide range of techniques, including staining, leveling, calligraphy, and mixed media.
Introduced as a replacement for GOLDEN Airbrush Colors in July of 2013, High Flow offers increased durability of dry paint and a larger palette of colors including Iridescent and Fluorescent colors, and more single-pigment colors that match the other GOLDEN color lines. For health and safety information visit www.goldenpaints,com
GOLDEN High Flow Acrylics are:
- A set of 49 colors, including Fluorescent and Iridescent Colors made with the same ingredients of other GOLDEN Artist Colors paint lines.
- Formulated with 100% acrylic polymer dispersion, resulting in a durable paint layer with excellent water and chemical resistance.
- Made with finely ground pigments to reduce clogging issues in small tips and nozzles.
- Additives such as flow improvers, film levelers and retarders create a very thin and free-flowing paint.
- Application use ranges from fine line-work to large passages on a variety of surfaces, such as paper, canvas, panel and other artist supports.
PRE-USE MIXING INSTRUCTIONS
Remove the safety seal
- Unscrew the cap
- Carefully peel off and discard the seal
- Securely re-attach the twist-top cap
Assure the paint is well-mixed prior to use
NOTE: High Flow Acrylics are likely to have a degree of separation and soft settling when they are not being used. Before using, follow this procedure to assure a homogenous paint
- Assure the twist top cap is closed and secure prior to shaking the container
- If necessary, free up the mixing ball inside the container by carefully tapping the bottom edge against a hard surface
- Shake the container for 30 seconds or until the product is evenly mixed
- Some colors may require a longer mixing time than others due to pigment density
- Re-shake the bottle after long periods of time or whenever there are signs of settling
GOLDEN High Flow Acrylics (HFAs) are professional artist grade acrylic paints. HFAs may be used whenever a thin paint is required. This Product Information Sheet provides some general suggestions and starting points for specific applications, but each artist will develop their own methods and processes as needed
General Thinning Instructions: Thinning is readily accomplished by simply adding water. Adding over 20% water begins to change other properties. Using a blend of Airbrush Transparent Extender and water can thin the paint and maintain the paint’s integrity. Adding only Airbrush Transparent Extender increases transparency and lowering the pigment amount but does not think the High Flow Acrylics.
For more information visit www.goldenpaints.com or www.langridgecolours.com.